1. They fit right into the busy modern lifestyle. Cats don’t require walking and, if they have access to a garden, are totally self-cleaning (just ask them to use the neighbor’s garden for a toilet rather than your own).
2. They have personality. Each cat has its funny little habits that make you laugh. Every one is an individual with its own personality.
3. Sleep schedules. Cats sleep a lot. Leave some food out and hopefully you won’t be disturbed at a ridiculously early hour by kitty demanding to be fed.
4. Peace and quiet. Cats don’t snore or hog the blankets and pillows. Unlike men.
5. Cosy! On cold winter nights they curl up at your feet and keep them warm. So much more stylish than a hot water bottle.
6. They’re good listeners. When your heart has been broken, your cat is there to console you, and they won’t judge you for moping in your track pants for a week.
7. Cats never let you down. Your cat will always be there for you, unless you try to fob them off with cheap supermarket food, in which case they’ll be off to try their starving waif act on the nearest soft-hearted senior citizen.
8. They help you relax. Having a purring cat on your lap has to be one of the greatest stress-busters. Much better than the other kind of laptop!
9. They’re sensitive and responsive. Cats are highly sensitive creatures and know when you need them. One of the few times one of my cats let me pick her up was when I was going into hospital for an operation, and was very scared.
10. They are BEAUTIFUL. Well, aren’t they? Cats are gorgeous animals, and are all different, just like people. Fuzzy orange tabbies, sleek black cats, and everything in between!
I’m sure there are so many more reasons to love cats, but these are the first ones that come to mind. They really are a girl’s best friend! Are you a cat lover? Please tell me why!
credited to allwomantalks for the article